Department staff is available toll-free at (866) 445-5364 to help individuals affected by the recent storms with the insurance claims process. We can assist with questions such as how to properly document storm damage, whether to make temporary repairs, what a consumer's homeowner policy covers, and what to expect during the claims process.
Department staff will also be available for free one-on-one counseling sessions in affected areas.
Times, dates, and locations will be updated as more information becomes available.
Press Releases and Alerts
- Governor Quinn Activates Illinois National Guard Troops for Flood Assistance Visits State Emergency Operations Center
- Governor Quinn Activates Agencies' Flood Response for Southern Illinois
- Illinois Department of Insurance Provides Free, One-on-One Counseling to Storm Victims in Centralia and Du Quoin; Department warns of offers from unaffiliated ‘insurance adjusters’ (04/25/2011)
- Illinois Department of Insurance Urges Consumers to Review Flood Insurance Policies (04/26/2011)
Flood Related Links
- When Disaster Strikes - What to Do After an Insured Homeowners Loss
- Disasters - Who Can You Contact?
- Disaster Brochure
- Public Adjusters
- Home Inventory Sheet
- Mold Facts and Homeowners Insurance
- If Your Homeowners Insurance Policy is Canceled
- If Your Homeowners Insurance Policy is Non-renewed
- Ready Illinois Ready.Illinois.gov
- American Red Cross (Illinois Capital Area Chapter) http://www.redcross.org
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) http://www.fema.gov
- Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) http://www.state.il.us/iema/
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) http://www.floodsmart.gov
Note: Dates on the Department’s consumer fact sheets indicate the date of creation or last revision. In a fast-changing insurance marketplace, the Department continually evaluates these fact sheets to ensure that the information provided is helpful, accurate, and up-to-date.